As an Integrative Nutrition* Health Coach and Yoga Teacher, I create a supportive environment that enables you to articulate and achieve your goals. Throughout my education, I have been exposed to the most cutting-edge dietary theories and studied highly effective coaching techniques to help you find the right lifestyle that works best for you.
Most approaches to healthy eating dwell on calories, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Instead of creating lists of restrictions and good and bad foods, I coach my clients to explore basic improvements and implement gradual changes during our work together. As these pieces accumulate, my clients find these changes collectively creating a much larger impact than they originally anticipated. We work on what they want to improve within the circumstances of their unique situation.
I will guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices that best support you.
Fall Favorites?? Boots, you guys! Its boot season! My favorite. Give me some skinny jeans or black leggings with a pair of knee-high leather boots and I am a happy girl!
The fall also brings some great cooking methods. You can’t go wrong with a nice warming soup as the temps start dropping. And its finally cool enough turn on the oven! Dump veggies on a sheet pan. Mix with avocado oil and salt. Pop in the oven. It doesn't get easier than that! It is surely the season for roasting in the oven. My favorite veggie combo right now is cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and garlic.
Then of course, there’s pumpkin spice everything. I’m not a huge coffee drinker, although I’m hearing great things about this pumpkin spice creamer. This year, my favorite is these pumpkin pancakes and I’m in love. They are super simple to make and have clean simple ingredients. They are spiced perfectly. Try them for breakfast this weekend!
(inspired by the recipe in Diane Sanfilipo’s book Practical Paleo)
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 2 Tbsp of almond flour
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 mashed, whole ripe banana
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• pinch salt
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and mashed banana together. Sift the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
- Grease the skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
- Serve with grass-fed butter and cinnamon or Berry Compote below
SIMPLE BERRY COMPOTE
(inspired by the Minimalist Baker)
• 3 cups fresh or frozen fruit (I used frozen blueberries, strawberries and cranberries)
• 3 Tbsp water
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place fruit and juice in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat.
- Once bubbling, reduce heat slightly and use a wooden spoon to muddle and mash the fruit.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, occasionally mashing fruit to combine.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a clean jar or container to cool thoroughly.